Saturday, January 25, 2014

Yamaha FB-01 Editor


Continuing my home-made synth/software adventures, I set out to make an FB-01 editor for Windows. There is no way to edit this machine from the unit itself, so in order to make your own sounds you must use some kind of software. Back in the day, this was YMEDIT.PRG for the Atari ST.

Nowadays, you can run this program from an Atari Emulator such as STEEM; but for me the process of doing so was convoluted. So I made my own, and my god it wasn`t easy! Many hours went into this, and I`m pleased to say it has worked out very well, with 95% of the synth parameters functioning - I am especially fond of the authentic UI.


Here is a video of me talking through it`s workings:




Frederic Meslin has also made a decent Windows editor for the FB-01 available here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/fb01editor/

1 comment: