Saturday, January 25, 2014

Early Circuit Bending Experiments


These were some of my first adventures into circuit bending, on the Casio PSS-140. The ethos behind circuit bending is one of have-a-go and see what happens. I welcomed this approach as my technical knowledge of circuits and electronics was pretty poor. With that in mind, it opened up a new dimension to making strange noises from anything that emitted a sound. 

 
At this time I became obsessed with the idea that I could fix broken equipment, and so my passion for electronics grew. Years later, I have serviced and repaired hundreds of pieces of music equipment...and other things.


This bend is quite simple: cutting the data lines to the main microchip; and replacing them with DPDT switches. Instructions can be found here: http://no-device.blogspot.co.uk/2009/04/yamaha-pss-140-data-line-bend.html



No comments:

Post a Comment